COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS INFORMATION
The fight against counterfeiting - A high priority for ECCO
In our endeavour to protect our highly valued brand, the fight against counterfeiting online as well as offline is a high priority to us.
By purchasing counterfeit products you do not only receive poor quality products - or receive nothing at all - you are also in risk of supporting unlawful activities such as crime networks and child labour.
We have dedicated Intellectual Property Team who continuously monitors the internet and does its utmost to have all counterfeit ECCO products removed from websites, online auctions, etc. Furthermore, a close cooperation with the Police and Customs help to ensure that counterfeit products are detected before reaching the market.
What to be aware of when shopping for ECCO products online:
We wish to ensure that you are satisfied with our brand. To reduce the risk of being deceived by counterfeiters who try to confuse you about the authenticity of the products, please take the below examples into consideration when shopping online as they may indicate that the site is selling counterfeit products.
- Confirm that the site is secured. You should see "https://" before the web address.
- Lack of sufficient contact information
- Mix of languages and "Google Translations"
- Product photos featured including shoe boxes
- The links on the site are not working properly
- You see options for buying in bulk quantities with discount incentives
- The products are sold in peculiar prices such as Rs.5,952 (Note all our products sold on the website during the full price season ends in 999)
- Under SHIPPING & RETURNS text would not match with products offered on the website using capital letter at the beginning of every word
- The domain name contains words like discount, cheap, etc. e.g. www.cheapecco.com
- No order confirmation received after purchase of products.
If you are unsure about a specific site on the internet, or have information about a site selling counterfeit ECCO products please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We take your inquiry and information very seriously.
You can email our Customer Service team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following is a list of ECCO counterfeit sites that you should not consider shopping from: